The Philippine Social Science Council is looking for three (3) Social Science Research Assistants who will perform the following functions:
- Collaborate with project leader in the development of the study instruments
- Finalize list of and coordinate with/assemble research participants
- Take the lead in the collection, processing, and analysis of the research data
- Manage the collection and processing of data
- Conduct literature reviews
- Document the FGD sessions and KIIs
- Serve as custodian of all research data
- Provide regular update on the progress of project activities
- Resolve any problem that may arise in the project
- Submit a formal request for advances/disbursements in accordance with the approved budget
- Comply with the cash advance and liquidation requirements and procedures of PSSC and DOST-PCHRD
- Help prepare research reports and the terminal project report
- Provide support to PSSC meetings, trainings, lectures, and conferences, including documentation of proceedings as needed
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Head of PDMS or the Executive Director
1) Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of MS Office programs
- Familiarity with presentation and desktop publishing programs
- Able to work well in a multi-task environment, independently and with a team
- Able to prioritize assignments to meet deadlines
2) Other personal qualities
3) Training and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any social science discipline
- At least one-year work experience in a social science profession
This is an 18-month project-based position with a salary of PhP 22,515.60. There is also a possibility of extension under other PSSC projects.
Interested applicants may send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please address applications to:
Wilson Comia Villones
Head, Program Development and Management Section
Philippine Social Science Council
The deadline for submission of applications is on Septembr 30, 2020 (Wednesday).
Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.