Publishing Social Science Research
Let us help you transform your research into manuscripts that you can share with the academic community!
Upcoming Schedule: 26 July 2023 | Silliman University, Dumaguete City
This training seminar is designed to guide junior researchers in the social sciences in transforming their research papers into an academic manuscript that can be published in research journals, especially those that are indexed in SCOPUS and Web of Science (WOS). Specifically, by the end of the seminar, participants would be able to:
- Understand the value and importance of disseminating and publishing social science research
- Gain appropriate and effective knowledge, attitudes, and skills in developing academic manuscripts for submission to conferences and SCOPUS- and WOS-indexed journals
The What’s and Why’s of Academic Publication
- Forms and functions of academic reporting
- Ethics in academic publications (including a discussion of predatory conferences and publications)
- Outlets for academic manuscripts (including a discussion of SCOPUS and WOS)
The How’s of Academic Publication (Conceptualization)
- Literature, theoretical, and methodological foundations
- Problem statement
The How’s of Academic Publication (Analysis)
- Analytical and interpretative rigor
- Checking for coherence
- Presenting research findings
The “What Now” in Academic Publication
- Submitting, reporting, and revising the manuscript
Activity: Creating a research dissemination plan and presentation of outputs
Assoc. Prof. Jonalou S. Labor, PhD is a full-time faculty member of the Department of Communication Research at the University of the Philippines College of Mass Communication (UP CMC). He holds a PhD in Communication from UP Diliman.
His research interests include communication and technology, mediated LGBTQ+ realities, health communication, and risk/ disaster communication.
At UP, he serves as the Special Assistant Vice President for Public Affairs, the Director of the Office of Research and Publications of the UP CMC, and a research fellow at the UP Resilience Institute. He is the managing editor of Plaridel Journal, a Scopus and WOS-indexed academic journal published by UP Diliman. Outside UP, Dr. Labor is the Treasurer and Committee Chair of Research and Publications of the Philippines Communication Society (PCS). He has been appointed as the new Editor-in-Chief of the PCS Review.
- Click on the button below and accomplish the registration form.
- Upon submission of your registration form, wait for our email regarding instructions on payment of the training fee.
- Pay the training fee either through bank deposit/transfer or online (PayPal or credit/debit card). Send the proof of transaction to email@example.com.
PhP2,500 per participant
Special Rate for NSSC X Participants
PhP2,000 per participant
Special Rate for Members of PSSC Member-Institutions
PhP2,250 per participant
The training fee is inclusive of meals (lunch and snacks) and training materials.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This training seminar is open to all starting social science researchers who have an existing manuscript (e.g., class paper, thesis, dissertation, project report) or dataset that can potentially be presented in a conference and published in a journal.
The seminar is an intensive eight-hour, face-to-face program that involves a series of lecture-discussions and a workshop. At the end of the course, participants are expected to produce a research dissemination plan.
The deadline of registration and full payment of training fees is on 19 July 2023 or until all slots are filled. Slots are limited so register now!
Upon completion of the training seminar, each participant will receive a Certificate of Completion.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org