programs and services
Conference management is one of PSSC’s core competencies. The Council has organized numerous fora, symposia, and similar gatherings designed to foster the exchange and sharing of knowledge and perspectives among social scientists and between the social science community and the broader public.
The social science meetings and conferences organized by PSSC have not been limited to local or national events but include regional (Asianwide) and international conferences in the social sciences, the humanities and related fields on a relatively recurring basis. PSSC was responsible for the planning and organizing conferences of the International Conference on Philippine Studies (ICOPHIL) held in Manila in 1989, 2000, 2008 and 2016. PSSC also served as the conference secretariat of the Association of Asian Social Science Research Councils (AASSREC) biennial conferences and regional symposia in Manila (1979, 1991 and 1994) and in other AASSREC member-countries (in Beijing 1997, Seoul 1999, Hanoi 2001, Canberra 2003 and New Delhi 2005). Likewise, the International Association of Historians of Asia (IAHA) has always sought the support of PSSC in mounting their conferences every time it is held in Manila. The 19th IAHA Conference in 2006 was the third time PSSC extended its support to IAHA.
PSSC’s conferences/forums/lectures include the following:
- Forum on Statistics and the Social Sciences: Responding to Social Issues (26 June 2019, PSSC Auditorium)
- Beyond Politics and Spectacle: Studies on Crime and Punishment (15-16 March 2017, PSSC Auditorium)
- The South China Sea/West Philippine Sea Dispute (24 February 2016, PSSC Auditorium)
- Geopolitical Quandaries in the South China Sea: Options for the Philippines, China and the US (22 February 2016, MBC Seminar Room)
- Bajo de Masinloc: Philippine National Territory (20 February 2016, PSSC Auditorium)
- Energizing the Philippine Social Sciences for the ASEAN Community: Vision and Prospects (17 June 2014)
- Panel on Innovations in Social Science Research (Philippine Studies Association Conference, 14 October 2014, National Museum)
- Panel on K to 12: Human Capital for Whom?, (PES Annual Meeting, 13 November 2013, Hotel Intercontinental Manila)
The success of these conferences has sealed PSSC’s reputation as an able and efficient organizer and reliable partner in conference hosting and management. Thus, PSSC is also offering conference management services to organizations and companies seeking to mount innovative conferences, fora, workshops and other professional events in the Philippines. PSSC can provide a broad range of services, beginning with conference planning (e.g., call for papers/participation, identification of speakers, assistance in program preparation, promotional media, budget preparation) to onsite support, and to post-conference activities (e.g., preparation of the activity and financial report).
For Inquiries and Reservations
You may send an email to email@example.com